Thursday, January 31, 2008

I suppose you're wondering (or maybe you already know) why I would name this 'in the absence of coffee'. But COFFEE, you'd say, if you know me well, COFFEE is your LIFEBLOOD. Why would you choose to be in the absence of it? (I actually have a t-shirt that says my blood type is coffee, and a sticker in my car that says give me coffee and no one gets hurt)

Is it in the name of health, perhaps? Or is there a medical condition in which someone would give up coffee? Well, in a way, both of those would be right. It's in the name of the health of the future baby P, who will arrive in this world in mid-September, 2008, just in time for mine and hubby's two year anniversary. (YES! I'm eight weeks pregnant! eeeeee!)

You see, the doctors and books say that a cup or two of coffee is okay. But, what if it's not? As much as I love coffee, the health of a baby is so much more important. So while I may soak up the smell of it or have a sip here or there, the daily coffee habit is gone. And guess what? I'm surviving....and not only surviving, but thriving!

The solution? Sleep and Exercise.

There's no better motivator to go to bed at the right time (now 9pm) and get up early (5:30) to exercise than knowing that if I don't, I will feel like crap all day and will almost fall asleep at my desk at 2pm, and will need a two hour nap when I get home from work. And when I do, I feel excellent all day. It's amazing.

I'm one of the lucky ones. At eight weeks, 2/3 of the way through the first trimester, I've had about a week, maybe week and a half, where I felt nauseas now and then, but not throwing up and not stay-home-from-work nauseas. Lucky.

And so, for the next seven months, I am without a doubt in the absence of coffee (and wine), and after that... who knows?... and the new, cleaned up blog will document it all.

Welcome.

6 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! A good prezzie for your two year anniversary!!! :) :)

Hey, I LOVE that you have Australia time on the side. Do you mind if I "borrow" the idea and put it on my blog? You are genius!!!!!!

5:50 PM 
Blogger Lindsey J said...

Hooray hooray!! I'm so glad you are joining us in the wonderful world of parenting :) Congrats again!

PS love the look :)

6:08 PM 
Blogger melissa said...

Much love and my congratulations for you, the hubby, and little baby P :)

And I do love the new look for the blog. Hey - wanna redesign mine?

6:20 PM 
Blogger Meghan said...

Yay! Congratulations to you both!

8:03 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be a copycat, but ...

a) CONGRATULATIONS to you and Adam! What wonderful news to start the year.

and b) the new look really is lovely. I look forward to reading all about the three of you here.

11:25 PM 
Blogger Kori Bevis said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! :-) I, too, love the new look and creative name.

12:21 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home