Saturday, February 16, 2008

February never used to bring much for celebration. I've typically been kind of apathetic about Valentine's Day, so I could take it or leave it. And besides that it's just a gloomy, snowy, cold "Isn't Spring Here YET?" kind of month that I would gladly skip. Because following it there's beautiful, wonderful, starting-to-warm-up, March (extra great, because of course it starts with a fatabulous day, the birthday of yours truly).

Then I married Mr. Fife. There are all kinds of parties in this family, because Valentine's day doubles as his parents anniversary and then the next day his grandpa's birthday and the next day his dad's birthday.... then four days later, his brother's birthday. It brightens up a weekend in the middle of February (and since I never figured out how to make the month shorter, this is a very good thing)

Thursday night, rather than braving the cold and spending an exorbitant amount of money on roses that'll die next week and a super-expensive dinner like we did last year, we opted for just getting each other a card, and a dinner of steak and spinach and a game of sequence at home. It was a nice evening.

Last night, the grandparents came up and we celebrated grandpa's birthday at Famous Dave's with a family dinner of ribs and everything else (including AMAZING cornbread muffins, how can I learn to make these?). I was feeling like the BBQ wasn't gonna like my tummy and mostly ate salad (which was fabulous, btw). And a plate of ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate with a sparkler on top for dessert.

And tonight, it's off to dinner at another nice restaurant to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home