Friday, February 29, 2008

For the love of mashed potatoes...

The cravings I find myself having aren't strong, drive-to-the-store-at-2am, cravings, but instead they're just cravings that linger. I saw a recipe for garlic mashed potatoes online a week or so ago, and today at work, on our 'Last Friday of Month Lunch' we had chicken and potatoes and oh.my.goodness did those taters hit the spot. I ate way too many of them, I balanced it out with a couple pieces of chicken and some veggies, but basically it was half a plate of taters and then other stuff. Turtle really likes mashed potatoes. And Ice Cream. Turtle likes ice cream, and we've been craving that for a couple weeks also, despite the freezing cold temperatures. I almost stopped at Dairy Queen one super-cold day just for some soft ice cream, but i resisted.

Tomorrow though? Tomorrow's my birthday, and that means calories don't count! Ice Cream for breakfast! Homemade ice cream and chocolate chip cookies for lunch! A Blizzard from DQ for snack! And ice cream cake for dinner! (okay, maybe not ALL of that... but trust me, the craving will be satisfied by the end of the day)

5 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:15 PM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

Hey! In your world it IS tomorrow! So now it's my birthday! I like this!

3:17 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz cumpleanos...

Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy that Ice Cream...I'm sure Turtle will thank you!

Did you get your energy boost???

Love ya! Wish I could be there to celebrate with you...
Stacy

10:37 AM 
Blogger melissa said...

I think Turtle must have good taste. Of course you should be eating tons of ice cream on your b-day :) Happy, happy birthday to you!

10:54 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!

and about those mashed potatoes, same thing for me when i was pregnant! i'm usually ambivalent about them, but i had a two-week stretch where they sounded really good. little tip -- culvers' mashed potatoes are WAY better than kfc's.

12:06 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home