Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I'm so disappointed in Carrie "Jesus Take the Wheel" Underwood. I had real hope for her being one of the few young stars that could hold on to some morality while hitting the big time, but it looks like her leather-clad performance at the Grammys is the start of something I don't want to see. I hope I'm wrong.
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/grammys/photos/0,,20177050_20177329_20406279,00.html
6 Comments:
I agree... big disappointment. Let's hope it was only a momentary lapse in judgement...
I didn't watch the Grammys. Is your disappointment in the performance? Or in the outfit? Or all of it?
The outfit. I didn't watch the grammys either, so the performance might have been fine. This really isn't that bad on the grand scheme of things, but it just feels like a step in the wrong direction.
First of all, I was expecting her boobs to be flapping in the air, but that was all covered, so I suppose it's not the end of the world :)
Second of all, I have this feeling that at first doing the "Jesus take the wheel" and then doing whatever you find convenient is a way to gain support from a lot of Christians in the US. Isn't that what Bush did? I believed when he was doing the Christian speeches but now, I think his works speak louder than actions.
After this comment, I have a feeling I won't be invited into Adam's house anymore.
I have to admit I didn't think the outfit was all that bad, but I can see where it's one small step down the slippery skanking-it-up slope.
I also kind of agree with Agnese. It seems a lot of public people say what they think they want to hear and then change depending on what works for them. As for Bush, I think HE thinks he's a good Christian and that whatever he does is justified because of what a good Christian he is. Even when pretty much everything he has done has been wrong. :)
Maybe Carrie Underwood led a really sheltered life and she's busting out a bit now?! If I suddenly discovered that I was hot, I'd probably be working it a bit, too!
lol. first, don't worry Ags, not that many are 100% on the Bush bandwagon anymore. You're still invited.
And Karen, good point... "if I suddenly discovered i was hot..." hahaha.
Post a Comment
<< Home