Monday, February 11, 2008
There are a couple people at work who I really get along with, as peers and friends. There are superiors I really get along with, and the gal I sorta-manage I really like, but only a couple others are really my peers.
One, she's a meteorologist, is really fun, and a big talker. We really have the same eye and mindset when it comes to the web and to design, and this is one reason I think we really click. Once in a while she'll come into my office and just sit and chat for awhile, today we had about the longest chat we've had in a long time, because usually we either need to work or someone interrupts us. We talked about religion and guys and health and work.
So she's telling me stories about her friend who is 8 months pregnant, and how her baby is just kicking like crazy, and how he's already named and hypotheticals about how 'we wouldn't want to know what it is' and how the body changes when pregnant and blah blah blah...
The ENTIRE conversation I was struggling with myself. Do I tell her? I really like her, and definitely want her to be one of the first to know at work, but she IS a talker and I would hate to burden her with keeping that secret for too long! I definitely think she could, but I hate to make people do that. The little voice inside me was jumping up and down like a six-year-old going 'me too! me too! me too!'.
I struggled with it long enough that the conversation moved on to other things and I didn't have to decide, but ohhh, I just can't wait. And I haven't decided for sure when to tell work...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home