Friday, February 08, 2008
You think, just because the stereotype of California is skinny blondes, that if you moved there you'd somehow magically lose weight. It's nice all year round! You'll always be outside doing stuff! Okay, maybe you wouldn't think that, but I sure did. I was pretty convinced that I'd get skinnier just by virtue of being there.
It didn't really occur to me what actually happened until I'd been back in the midwest for a year or so, and weighed myself for the first time in a long time. I was shocked to see that i weighed a full 13 pounds less than the last time I'd stepped on a scale. I was convinced the scale was wrong! Then I started thinking about it... all those cute pants I bought in Ca? Hadn't been wearing them much, because they were too big.
Looking back, it makes sense. I ate out ALL the time. Sure the weather in Cali is nice, but I'll take the food over the weather any day. All my lunches, about half of my dinners, and even a good portion of my breakfasts were bought at restaurants. (Noah's Bagels, Sandwiches with Salmon or Guacamole, Sushi....geez I miss that food.)
And while you'd think you'd exercise more, not so much for me. I always happened to live on road with bad traffic and no good sidewalk for a run. I'm not big on running with tons of cars driving around me. I've never been one for fitness centers (even though I've tried multiple times) and I ran a few awesome trails a couple times, but all the stories of women running alone in not-even-that-remote of areas and getting attacked scared off that idea real quickly. So, I didn't exercise, and I ate bad (yummy) food a lot. Hence, 13 pounds. I'm probably lucky I didn't gain more.
All this to say that while I'm excited about having a baby, I'm not so excited about getting fat, except that for the first time in a long time I'm going to be able to wear some of my cute (fat)pants! yay!
3 Comments:
I could tell you'd lost weight since moving back, but that's really quite a bit. It's funny b/c I've been toying with writing a post about how just since Christmas it seems like all of my clothes (esp. pants) are much looser (some time too loose to wear loose) than they used to be. I noticed it first when I was in Philadelphia, and now I'm realizing that the majority of my pants are too big for me.
Baby weight doesn't have to be permanent, as much as some people like to think that it is... :) With each of my two, I dropped down below where I started (and maintained). :)
I'm exercising good, so I'm planning to keep that up and maintain it so I do drop that weight, but I still don't really want to get fat NOW! :) :) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home