Monday, March 03, 2008
I'm not a tattletale. I tend to let things go unnoticed at work, when they're things the boss maybe should know, but oh well, unless they're huge, they're not my concern.
There's a kid who works early mornings who daily sits around during the mid-morning slow time and looks like he's sleeping. Eyes are definitely closed, but I figure he's probably resting. Knowing that he A) came in really early, like probably 4am, and B) probably doesn't have much to do anyway I tend to let it go. But today, he was sitting in a chair right outside my office full-on SLEEPING, almost snoring. I'm a firm believer in getting paid for working, not for simply showing up, and truthfully, it pissed me off. I assume he's clocked in, though I don't know. So I told the boss, "just FYI, so-and-so is sitting back there full-on sleeping". If I was the boss... I'd catch him in the act and then give him something to do. What did the boss do? Laugh.
Some days...
2 Comments:
We have a guy like that here, too. He sleeps in little fits and spurts many many times throughout the night. Everyone knows about it and jokes about it. I sometimes wonder, "Are we really this hard up for good workers?"
Preston Said-
That sounds like a nice job... kind of unfulfilling though.
Post a Comment
<< Home