Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We still haven't figured out how to get the maid to come (without, you know, actually hiring a real one) and M. and I have been working on this since we were roommates in college. Darn maid, never shows up when she should.

Fortunately, though, I married a wonderful man. He's not necessarily great at picking up clutter or 'seeing' messes, but he's good at deep cleaning. And since I hate deep cleaning, we're a good match. I pick up the clutter around the house and he digs in and starts scrubbing. The only problem with his cleaning? He spends a long time doing just one room!!

And in the last couple months (with my pregnancy-related tiredness and lack of motivation) he's had to learn to pick up too, and has actually! spontaneously! picked up AND cleaned the entire kitchen a few times! It's like getting a Christmas present, walking away from a messy kitchen and coming back to a clean one, aaaahhhhh. (granted, I tend to hunt for utensils and dishes a little more often now, because we put them 'away' in different places, but that's totalllly ok with me).

There are so many more reasons I love my husband, and this is just one. We're halfway through year two of being married and truly... I fall in love with him more every day, it's fantastic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can he come conduct a seminar at my house? Holy cow. My husband is good at vaccuuming once a week. He's a clutterbug - leaves stuff wherever he sets it down - and doesn't deep clean. At all. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of cleaning either.

1:42 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home