Monday, April 28, 2008

I gave in today. The good thing about weaning oneself off caffeine is that when you have a day when you really do need that kick in the morning it only takes about a half a small cup, if that, of coffee to actually get it. I've been drinking a tiny amount of coffee on Sundays when I help with coffee at the church - I usually fill a cup less than halfway and then can't even finish that. This morning I was dragging, and my small half-caff coffee isn't even a 4th of the way gone and it's already waking me up. I like this.

Our small group (Bible study) held a surprise baby shower for one of the girls in the group last night. We invited her work friends and a couple others, and had a total of about 11 people. It was a good group, a surprise that (surprisingly) got pulled off really well (upon looking back, she thinks she should have picked up on it - all the 'strange behavior and questions' from random people, but fortunately she didn't). Her family and friends back home, many states away, held a baby shower for her as well - via webcam - and that was really neat as they talked to her and showed her their gifts for her over the webcam (we all just had fun listening to their southern accents!)

At the end of the night, her final surprise from her husband: a new car. The one she had picked out, but didn't think she'd get until maybe the fall. It was a good day. She seemed really happy, and I really hope she was. She's such a sweetheart, she absolutely deserves it.

And, wow, we were surprised at what an enormous amount of time it takes to do all the little things to get ready! But we pulled it off, really well if you ask me! Especially considering the shower was at her house and she was only out of the house for an hour, max, so we had that much time to arrive, set everything up, welcome everyone, and be prepared to surprise her!

2 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

so cool :) :)

4:54 PM 
Blogger angela said...

I rarely drink caffeine and you should see me after about four sips of a Red Bull!

10:03 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home