Wednesday, April 16, 2008
My husband turns the big 3-0 in June and he's been talking about his big birthday bash since his 29th birthday last summer. Normally we'd have the party on his birthday (which happens to be Friday the 13th), but since his brother has a wedding to go to that weekend (darn him) we moved it to the following weekend, the 21st.
Well, it turns out that my ten-year class reunion falls on the same day. I'd known there was a chance it would be that weekend, but since I've never known for sure if I'd go to it or not, I went ahead and planned the party for Saturday. Looks like going to the reunion may not be an option, though there's always a chance we could drive down, make an appearance, and then have a really darn good excuse to leave. Hmm. I think I'd have to be persuaded. Or maybe I could convince those I really want to see to do something on Friday night (wait, IS there anyone I really want to see?)
30-year-old husband, ten-year class reunion and a baby on the way. Does this make me officially an adult? Because I'm not so sure I'm ready to grow up...
(P.S. the half-price shoes that prompted the shopping trip I wrote about below? Yeah, I'm taking them back.)
2 Comments:
My class reunion was last summer (totally skipped it - not even an option), my next birthday is the 3-0, and my husband just turned ... cough, cough ... 45. Gasp! But I definitely do not feel like an adult. It must be the pregnancy that does it.
hahahha, I think you are a grown up now, Rochelle!
i SO WISH i could go to my class reunion but there is not a chance. i so wish i could see what the other people in my class have have been up to. every time i go home i try to meet up with some of them... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home