Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the child in my belly is going nuts lately. fortunately not keeping me awake, but still going nuts. Calm down baby!

In other news, I feel like a huge wimp, but I'm giving in. For some reason my left wrist has been hurting lately, I thought it was getting better yesterday but it turns out that it felt better simply because I hadn't really used it much. Once I started cleaning, doing laundry, making beds it got steadily worse and worse. And, of course, my lower back hurts more, the more I do as well.

So forget about ME cleaning the house good before Adam's party. I'm calling around for cleaning companies today, and hoping I can pay someone come in and do it for me on short notice.

I have a chiropractor appt next week, and a massage. And I see the doctor soon as well. Hopefully these things will all start feeling better soon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing quite as mystifying as the random pains associated with pregnancy. They make no sense, but are very real and very uncomfortable.

You're not a wimp! Hang in there.

11:02 AM 
Blogger angela said...

Sometimes with the water retention and weight gain in later pregnancy the nerves in your wrist may be compressed causing carpal tunnel. Ice, massage or an splint at night could help :)

11:39 AM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

I love having nurses in my family! Funny thing is, I've read the carpal tunnel thing and reviewed the symptoms (multiple times, because i'm convinced I'll get it at some point, preggo or not) and I don't think that's what it is. Ice does help... I don't have a splint, but imagine it would feel great...

12:55 PM 
Blogger angela said...

a simple splint at night really just flexes the wrist and stretches the nerves and ligaments to help relieve some pressure. I think you can get them at the drug store... I think the most hlepful thing you can do though is to hire a cleaning lady! And then send her to my house :)

1:34 PM 
Blogger studiocitro said...

dude, i think the pains are worth it if it gives you a good excuse to call cleaners and get a massage. hmmm, pregnancy is starting to sound much more interesting all of a sudden!

10:02 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get both of these things fairly regularly - the wrists because I sit at a computer all day and the back because I'm lopsided. At any rate, I've found that wearing a brace on my wrist or wrists while I sleep really helps. I just do it every now and then when it's really bothering and it seems to subside.

12:51 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home