Friday, June 06, 2008
My husband turns the big 3-0 this month. It sort of hit me last night after we crawled into bed, and I said to him... "You're going to be 30 this month honey, THIRTY. You'll be THIRTY." His response? "Yay!" Because to him, a birthday is just an excuse to have a party. And a big birthday = big party. I said to him that I wonder what my dad said when he turned thirty, and simutaneously we both went "grumble, grumble, grumble". Because my dad is well-known for not liking birthdays.
In honor of the big 3-0, we're throwing a party. Because it worked best, his party will be the weekend after his birthday, rather than the weekend of his birthday (by the way, his 30th birthday just happens to be on Friday the 13th, hmmm). And that party weekend is drawing closer and closer by the day, I've invited a bunch of people and had a few ask what the 'plan' is for the day. PLAN? Ha! I plan to clean the house and have places for people to crash, and to pray a lot that it doesn't rain... other than that.... plan? Hmm. should I have one? How about this: Food. Drinks. Games. Ice Cream Cake. Sound good? okay!
I had a few big summer projects that I needed crossed off my list before this party though, and we're slowly but surely cracking down on those. I finally finished painting the house last weekend (a year and a half later, our bedroom no longer has a 'sample' paint square randomly painted on the wall) while he tackled the office, which had papers and boxes and junk starting to creep along and fill the entire room. It looks fantastic. Now, we need to put a flooring down on the cement floor in the sunroom (epoxy, because it's cheap, and it's something other than cement) and we need to re-organize the basement. It feels SO good to get things like this off the list.
Last but not least... I'm talking to the boss this morning about possibly working part-time after, maybe before, Turtle arrives. Cross your fingers.
2 Comments:
how'd the chat with your boss go?
Sorry I'm going to miss the b-day party! Sounds like it will be fun :) Can't wait to hear how the talk with your boss went...
Post a Comment
<< Home