Monday, June 23, 2008

My ten-year class reunion was this last Saturday. I didn't go, choosing to throw my husband a 30th birthday party instead (way more fun!). I've always wondered if I would go or not, when it came around, thinking that I'd prefer to simply be a fly on the wall so I could see how people are without having to actually talk to them. And I always thought that if I could be sure that one specific person, who I always wondered about, was going to be there then I would definitely go.

I got the best of both worlds. That one specific person was my fly on the wall. Through the wonders of Facebook, she and I got in touch a while back. She came up to the area with her family and stopped by the class reunion on Saturday. Today, she and I had coffee. It's fun to see someone I haven't seen in ten years. I got to see her, her family, and get updates on the the class reunion from someone who would probably see it from the same perspective as I would. She's doing well, and is one of the few I imagine I could be friends with if we lived closer. She's got the cutest little boys...

In other news - the 30th birthday party was a lot of fun. Beautiful day, fun people, good food. The party started at 2pm and lasted until 2am. I don't know how, but I lasted that long as well... easily. Though Sunday I felt like I had a sympathy hangover for all those who could drink. I was exhausted and had a headache that lasted all day, and into this morning. In fact, It lasted until I just went out for coffee and chose to actually have some caffeine. half a cup of a small coffee and I'm completely wired. I think baby is too.

2 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

I don't know why people don't like their class reunions. I love to see what people are up to nowadays. I go out of my way to meet up with old classmates, even ones I wasn't that good of friends with. And I never really even enjoyed high school that much.

I am not cool?

3:26 AM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

I think it just depends on the person and the class. I would have gone if I wasn't busy, but i wasn't going out of my way to do so. I don't mind seeing what people are up to, but it's also not high priority. The 'good friends' I had in my school stopped being my friend immediately upon graduating, and the true friends I had during high school didn't go to my school (and I stay in touch with them).

And, ten years later, the little cliques can still be that way. And our class was very clique-y.

7:08 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home