Thursday, June 12, 2008
So while we were sitting on the deck at Small Group last night, enjoying the summer weather, we were completely oblivious to the fact that very severe storms and tornados were hitting many parts of our area.
Upon leaving, I had a message from my mom saying that they were ok - three tornadoes hit the county they live in and caused minor damage.
The big one though, was a tornado that hit a boy scout camp. There were 119 boys at the camp, campers and counselors, and I guess it was just completely flattened. They didn't have much warning and didn't have much of anywhere to go anyway. Four were killed, three critically injured, and 35 injured. I got that call on my way home too, and ended up at work helping update the web until 2am.
We're assuming the four killed were kids, but don't know for sure (I just got to work, so I need to get some updates) because nothing had been confirmed yet last night. Please keep all these boys and their families in your prayers.
2 Comments:
Oh, that is so sad :( I can't imagine what the families of those boys are going through right now.
yeah... this all happened last wednesday, and while we're still running stuff related to it in the news... it's starting to wind down. It's sad to think that once the news is done with something, that's about when it's really starting to sink in for those families. In the news, it fades, and we move on... for those families it will always be there.
Post a Comment
<< Home