Wednesday, July 16, 2008

sleeping schedules

You know when you mess up a kid's sleeping schedule, naptime, bedtime, whatever... they often can't quite handle it, and sometimes it takes a day or two to adjust again?

I feel like a kid. I stayed up until 3:30 a.m. Saturday night and until 1 a.m. Sunday. I slept in, a little, but yesterday when I went back to work I was still dragging, enough that I took a couple hours off 'sick' in the afternoon and went home to sleep. Two hours. I felt so good after that nap that I was sure I'd be good to go.

But, I'm hoping last night is still a result of a long weekend and not a result of pregnancy, because I'm not good at being tired at work. I woke up about four times, the fourth time completely unable to get back to sleep... and laid awake for over an hour. So now, it's only 8:30 a.m. and I'm so tired I could easily go back to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Sad :( I'll be praying that you get your energy back.

9:58 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's all preparation for the months to come, my friend. ;) your body knows what's coming, and it's trying to wean you of sleep. at least, that's what i told myself. otherwise it's just plain, flat depressing.

hang in there!

10:36 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home