Saturday, August 23, 2008

37 Weeks

37 weeks and the uncomfortable has officially hit. I had another ultrasound yesterday, and it says the baby is 6lbs and 14oz right now. I think that's a good size! "Stop growing baby!!" has become my mantra.

Just in the last couple days it's really hit, I hurt more, more tenderness in my belly, more aches and pains all day. It's harder to walk and move and do things. And I can definitely see why some people want to do the elective induction! Because, according to the calendar anyway, baby is ready to survive just fine on it's own! So why can't it come now??! I don't really want baby turtle to come before my body really says it's ready, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers that it won't be another three weeks, and especially that it won't be longer than three weeks! I really want to be able to go to Omaha next Saturday, but... if I go into labor on the way home from Omaha Saturday... that would be just fine!!

2 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

Aren't babies supposed to gain something like a pound every week/week and a half during the last trimester? Get a yoga ball and start using it to open up your hips and get things going!

6:55 PM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

lol. I think it's HALF a pound, not a whole pound. But that's still enough!!! What am I supposed to do with the yoga ball?

2:24 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home