Monday, September 15, 2008

and it begins

I have so many emails that I want to respond to, congrats emails from people I haven't talked to in ages, and desperately want to catch up with, to emails from people I talk to every week and desperately want to hash out the details with them... but right now, all I have the time, and energy for, is to update here.

Adam went back to work today. It made last night harder, because I tried not to wake him, too much, so that he'd be awake at work. The last couple nights I could shake him in the middle of the night and tell him to put his son to sleep because mama wants to get some sleep. Last night, I tried to get Asher to sleep on my own. The little guy has this problem though, when mama is trying to get him to sleep he's so close to his food source that the smell keeps him going... so he's not quite awake enough to eat, but not sleepy enough to actually sleep. I don't blame him... come on, who sleeps in the kitchen?? This means I got about three hours of sleep last night. It's good that the last few days were so easy and relaxing, because real life with baby is about to begin. Mom's coming today to stay and help, so I only have to get used to nights first and then I'll ease into my days alone with baby. Real life is about to begin.

The little guy sleeps sooo well in someone's arms during the day though. This doesn't help at night, or help me get a nap in, but it sure is nice sometimes. I'm learning to do things one-handed while carrying a sleeping baby in the other arm. Right now he's cradled in the nook created when I cross my legs, and I just downloaded baby white noise to keep his ears occupied. Nothing like the sound of a vacuum cleaner coming from your computer while you're typing.

In comparison to having a sweet baby at home, these next two things are nothing, but still pretty cool.

1) I LOVE not being pregnant anymore!!! I loved being pregnant, don't get me wrong, but I was SO done with it. I put socks on without a struggle this morning! I was able to lean over my plate at the table to eat the other night! No more backaches! No more adjusting pillows just so everywhere I sit to be comfortable. No more peeing every 20 minutes! These first few days (weeks? I'm not sure how long it lasts) you literally drop a few pounds each day as the tummy gets smaller. So by giving birth I'll have dropped about 20 pounds in one week! No wonder I feel better. (Unfortunately, there are still 20 to go after that, but ohhh well!)

2) 'My' website got nominated for an Emmy! (I only call the site 'mine' because that's the way my boss said it in his message to me about it.) We entered the KMEG website in the midwest emmy competition this year, and the KMEG site is one of the three finalists. The award is for website design and usability, and you have to enter in the year that the website is newly launched - so this was our only chance. The Emmys are a pretty big deal in this TV business, reporters and stations are always scrambling to get at least nominated for emmys because even being nominated is a big deal and they can build promos around nominations. And hey, awards are fun no matter what, right? I think the award ceremony is at the end of October. I'm excited to see if we can win it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey J said...

Hooray for Emmy nomination!

After two kids, we still haven't figured out the sleep thing -- but we never tried very hard to get them to use a crib. (ok, we didn't even set it up the second time).

In my experience, the rapid weight loss continued for about 4 weeks with T. Not quite as long with t but overall, it was greater with t -- it just went on over a longer period of time. Of course, everyone is different. :)

He sure is beautiful :)

11:01 AM 
Blogger melissa said...

I'm glad you mustered up the energy to post :) I'll call you some time this week, but seriously, if you're too exhausted, just ignore my call. I won't be offended.

Congrats on the Emmy nomination! I hope you (er - KMEG) win :)

12:22 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home