Friday, September 12, 2008
First Night Home
It's almost 9am. My boys are both sleeping. Adam got more sleep than I did, but it's because of him ("Dad, rock your son, Mom needs to sleep") that I got the six hours (off and on of course) that I did get. So now I'm wide awake and expecting Asher to wake up hungry at any moment. If he doesn't, I may have to wake him up! Adam must have done a great job of putting him to sleep this morning.We had very relaxing day yesterday, we got a decent amount of sleep in the hospital - with the nurses there to rock him back to sleep after he ate - and then we just slowly did what we had to do to get ready to leave yesterday. We got home at about 4:30. We had a couple more visitors last night - Adam's parents dropped in for a bit ("we were biking by and we just had to stop, someday we won't have to" said Grandma... "yeah, in about 20 years!" said me) and then Adam's friend (boss) and his wife, they brought a gift from them and a gift from the guys at work. Asher likes company. He dozes through all the visiting and being passed around, I kept expecting him to wake up hungry and mad that he wasn't being fed yet, but he was good to go until it got quiet again!
I love this. I'm already hating that he's going to grow up and not stay a newborn forever. He's just so precious. I think his favorite spot is curled up in a ball right on my chest, close to where his home was for the last nine months. He's just so content when he's right there. We dozed that way for awhile yesterday afternoon. I want to save all these moments in a bottle and being able to pull them out in 2, 7, 10, 20 years....
3 Comments:
I love hearing how happy you are :) Savor every moment while he's this little but enjoy watching as he grows and discovers new thinks. Love you!
Those moments pass so quickly, savor them.
So happy for you guys... I still think those thoughts every night I'm rocking Ella to sleep...
Can't help but dread each precious moment passing by... while at the same time looking forward to every next one!
Post a Comment
<< Home