Monday, September 22, 2008

life with baby

Asher will already be two weeks old tomorrow, and I can already see the changes. He's gained over a pound since we left the hospital, and you can see that his cheeks are chubbier and his diapers fit tighter. He still loves to be curled up on my chest, his favorite spot, but I can't curl him there and hold him with one hand anymore because his little eyes want to look around more and his little neck is stronger so he can move it around.

It's so much fun to watch every little thing he does, what he looks at, the faces he makes, the way his arms and legs move and squirm (he doesn't quite have control over those appendages so he often accidentally hits himself in the face). I love the way he sleeps and the little squeaky baby noises he makes. My absolute favorite though, it little baby yawns. Sometimes I wake him up just to watch him wake up. It's soo tough coming out of sleep, and oh man, watching him you can tell. Big yawns, the arms stretch, the legs stretch, he makes funny faces, squeaks a little, and I just melt.

Other people's babies are definitely never as cute as your own.

Today is my first day with Adam at work and mom gone, and how am I doing? Fantastic. Mom helped me rig the bouncy seat on Friday so he'd be safe sleeping in it, and that, combined with figuring out I need to watch TV when I'm up in the middle of the night so that I can stay awake and make sure he gets full, has made all the difference. We now feed the baby and then all go back to sleep for a few hours. It's amazing how your body switches when you have a baby - before I would have been dragging if I only got five hours of sleep; now, I'm elated and I feel great on five hours.

Plus, we have taken a couple naps today. It's not so much mom sleeping when baby sleeps as it is just us taking naps together. I lay on my back on the couch, curl him up on my chest, and we both snooze. We just woke up from a 2.5 hour nap.

Here's one of my latest favorite pics of him.. adorable outfit (wore it to church yesterday!) and yes, he's actually sleeping like this (not for long, but he was)...

From Asher Graham 9-9-08

3 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

He looks like one of those dolls little kids play with :) :) Too cute!!!

4:56 PM 
Blogger Stacy said...

so adorable and already getting big. Cherish the memories!!! Do you guys have a video camera? It be fun to see a video sometime if you do.

5:27 PM 
Blogger Lindsey J said...

Aww, he's so sweet! I can't believe how chubby his legs look -- he looks older than 2 weeks!

6:01 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home