Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Asher's first hickey

our boy is getting an early start, he got his first hickey on Sunday. Of course, he gave it to himself...

Mom and dad came to visit Sunday and mom and I were playing with him, and put him on his belly for a little bit of tummy time. He generally does pretty good, he can get his head turned from side to side and once in a while he really lifts up his neck and looks around. Strong boy!

Well Sunday, he did his tricks for us and then started getting frustrated. When he can get his fist into his mouth, that usually helps when he's frustrated, and Sunday he found more than his fist, he found his whole arm. Jackpot! He sucked so vigorously on his arm, just below his elbow, that he literally gave himself a hickey. It's a good thing our doctor appointment isn't for a couple of weeks, I'm not sure how 'he gave himself a hickey' would sound for an excuse for what looks like a bruise on his arm!

3 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

That's hilarious :) I really hope you took pictures!

4:43 PM 
Blogger Meghan said...

Ella did the same thing!! She constantly would suck on her arm and it was purple for a good 2 weeks!! SO adorable!

4:53 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preston-
You think that's bad.. Ava somehow opened the drawer to her nightstand after I put her to bed, then she managed to fall on it so hard she has a bruise going from the corner of her mouth to a very black eye. I just about broke her door down after running across the house to figure out why she was screaming so loud. Now I feel great explaining to her preschool teachers why she looks like she's been in a barfight... Umm yeah... she fell out of bed and hit this drawer.. sooo... I really didn't punch her in the face.

1:02 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home