Wednesday, October 01, 2008

firstborn

The firstborn always has the most pictures, and I know our family will not deviate from this. I've been going through our photos picking out ones to print to put in an album, and on first go-round I got it narrowed down to 120 photos. 120 photos in three weeks. I can pretty much guarantee that when I have another, and have a little boy running around, that I won't have time for to even take that many photos... let alone have that many left after narrowing it down!

I've decided to give in and let the little man sleep with me at night, either in bed or on the couch. This way we both get enough sleep. He sleeps because he's near me, and I sleep because I'm not spending the whole night trying to get him to sleep somewhere else. I sleep light, but at least I sleep. I'm hoping that once we get a bit of a routine, where he's used to sleeping at night and at certain times during the day, that it'll be easier to put him down in bed to sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey J said...

I have found that with the 4 year gap, I have at least as many pictures of t as I had with T. I think that's partly due to the fact that T is 5 and doesn't have much patience for photo sessions. However, I don't have very many of t printed--so there's a difference there!

I love co-sleeping.

1:21 PM 
Blogger melissa said...

I understand why parents have more pictures of their first child (and sometimes youngest child) than their middle children, but as a middle child, I say that stinks. There are ridiculously few pictures of me as a baby, and that's always made me sad.

1:39 PM 
Blogger angela said...

I let Piper sleep with me out of desperation to get some sleep myself and it lasted 2 years... She still comes and sleeps in my spot when I am at work. I am hoping it is the opposite about pictures though, I have very few that I took of the girls just because I was so busy and too exhausted to think about things like that. I know this time will be soo much easier with just one!

3:25 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home