Thursday, October 16, 2008

growing up

Adam put Asher in the swing yesterday and he really watched the fishes on the mobile above it, for quite a while. It's such a little thing, but when it's your own baby at home you're amazed at every little tiny thing. He looked at them for the first time the other day, but didn't really watch. This time he was entranced - it only lasted for a minute or so - but I sat there amazed "look! he's really watching them!"

What a feeling it must be when baby takes those really big milestones - talking, crawling, walking - wow.

In other news, we have turkeys living in our backyard. Not kidding. You'd almost think we live in the country. There are five, I spotted them Monday hanging out in the trees, then yesterday one was just strolling around our backyard... when we went outside he flew up into the tops of the trees to join his four buddies... all perched up there.



Asher Photo of the Day:
From Asher Graham 9-9-08

There's nothing more attractive than your husband trying to comfort your baby. This was when he was trying to give him the first bottle, Asher was so upset, so Adam took a break from the bottle and just rocked him. The look on his face makes me fall in love with him all over again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey J said...

aww, such a sweet picture :) I promise, the things your children do to amaze you continues. It's the best part about being a mom.

I just had a thought now that I see that you were in the room when Adam was giving Asher a bottle -- babies often refuse a bottle when mom's in the room -- or even the house. Just something to consider if you continue to have troubles.

11:00 AM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

I was actually sitting in the hallway :) but yeah, I've heard that. We tried a different bottle the next day, and he did fine, and has done fine ever since. Thank goodness.

11:28 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home