Monday, October 13, 2008

tentative victory

Sporadically, depending on the day, I test ways to put Asher down for naps to try to get him to sleep somewhere besides on me. He sleeps pretty good during the day in the swing or in the boppy, that's tried and true, but I don't want him sleeping in the swing or the boppy at night when I can't keep an eye on him. He does pretty well sleeping in the bouncy seat, but I'd love to figure out a way to get him to sleep in his crib/bassinet.

Today, I wrapped him up tight in a new blanket we got (light, perfect for swaddling), made the crib seem smaller with a crib separator thing we have, and placed a heartbeat/womb sounds teddy bear in the corner with the volume on high. He successfully slept for about 45 minutes (no swinging, holding or vibration!), and the bear ran out of batteries. Now I can hear his little waking up noises - squeaks, groans, and wiggles...

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

So, has it worked at night???

5:57 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home