Monday, October 20, 2008

The things they didn't tell me

I was already clued into a lot of the things people typically find out after they bring the baby home, things like knowing that it's impossible to plan a 'project' to work on once baby comes home, because you think you'll have SO much extra time. So I've felt very prepared for this bringing home baby stuff, two things have surprised me though:

1) I had no idea how hungry i would be. Breastfeeding makes me constantly hungry, way more than when I was pregnant. I need to eat healthy, but too often I just need to feel full! I'm drinking a lot of water, but I'm also munching on way more crackers than i should be, just because they fill my belly.

2) I though I'd never have time to read books again once baby came along, so I devoured a few while I was pregnant. newsflash - I've been reading more books lately than I have in a long time. Why? Because you need something to do those hours you spend sitting and breastfeeding, and I can only deal with so much TV. Plus, a good book is the only thing truly guaranteed to keep me awake in the middle of the night (and motivate me to get out of bed when I'm exhausted). If you've got recommendations, I'll take them... though, judging by the book I'm reading now, there's a chance I might get hooked on the Karen Kingsbury books that my sister turned me on to and not want to read anything else (that's my book recommendation to you).

Photo of the Day:
From Asher - Month 2

Asher's the center of attention after his cousins' birthday party a week ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey J said...

aww, such a sweet picture!

I love Janet Evanovich

I get sick of eating, but that hunger stays as long as you are the primary source of nutrition, in my experience.

8:42 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home