Tuesday, December 30, 2008

ichy

I itch. the tops of my hands, my neck and my chin/jaw itch so much they burn. This started a few weeks ago. My doctor told me it is hives, and to take Benadryl, but it knocks me out, and with having to get up to feed baby at night that doesn't work. So I started taking Zyrtek. That helped, and the itching was gone for all of the Christmas gatherings. I stopped taking it a few days ago, and now, the itching is back.

I guess I officially developed an allergy to something. I don't want to take Zyrtek for the rest of my life (that stuff is expensive!) and I don't want to have doctors do tests to try to figure it out (again, I assume very expensive) so my only option is to change every single product I use and hope that I'll eventually be able to figure out which one is causing it. I'm NOT looking forward to this.

4 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to hear that. Figuring out what's causing the allergy could be a long process since you'll have to take things out of your environment one thing at a time to determine what's causing the problem. Is there anything new that you added to your environment shortly before the itchiness started?

3:07 PM 
Blogger Lindsey J said...

Sorry that you itch :(

No new foods or soaps or anything? How about A? Does he have any new soaps or colognes?

I live on Zyrtec. Honestly, it is a LOT cheaper than it used to be and I was just thinking on Sunday as I picked up refills how grateful I am that it went generic and OTC (it used to be $60 after insurance for a 90 day supply). I know that doesn't help you, but it does me.

Stress can cause hives too...

4:11 PM 
Blogger Lindsey J said...

Oh, another couple thoughts -- pine trees. Do you have a real tree? Is there one at work? How about Christmas lilies?

4:12 PM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

nothing new. Nothing new in the house. I racked my brain over this when it first started. No real trees. If I'm lucky, it's the lotion I used a lot of at work this morning...

4:17 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home