Friday, December 12, 2008
The very first concert I ever went to was an Amy Grant concert, back when she was a newbie in the music scene. My parents brought all three of us kids, and we sat waaay in the back of the stadium and passed around the binoculars so we could see Amy on stage. I remember it being a really exciting experience, and those old Amy Grant songs can still flash me back to that time in life (and one of her songs I still use to help me remember when Columbus came across the ocean..."in the year of 1492, when Columbus sailed the ocean blue...")
Those memories always come to mind when I think of Amy Grant, which is why it still surprises me when I hear new songs from her - even though she's been making new music ever since that time.
On my way to work this morning, I heard a new song from her Christmas Album. Such a perfect song for this life we live now, and for the Christmas season. It's called "I need a silent night" and you should really go listen to it...
Amazon link
*ps: so i went to www.jango.com to listen to this song, and it 'created a radio station' for me based on 'similar' music. I'm now listening to 90s pop hits - The Bangles, Wilson Phillips, Paula Abdul, Blondie...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home