Friday, January 23, 2009
DTV
After pushing the issue of the DTV transition for two years, so that it's basically DRILLED into everyone's head that it's happening on February 17, 2009, whether you're ready or not... the new Obama administration has nothing better to do than work to delay it four months. I didn't vote for Obama, but I do have a positive feeling about what his presidency will hold. However, hi? Aren't there bigger issues than this? It's a dumb idea, and you just have to google 'dtv delay' to see many people out there think so. Four months won't make one lick of difference. If they keep this up, my positive feeling about this new president will go down the drain in no time.Senate nears deal to delay digital TV transition
4 Comments:
I think it is strange that it seems like so many people still don't understand the conversion. Aren't they delaying it because they ran out of converter boxes and want to make more available?
I agree - it's stupid. Though I do think it's tied some to the fact that they ran out of those coupons to get the converter boxes basically free. I say if you're too stupid to get on that right away, then you should have to pay. But I'm sure they're looking at it from the economic standpoint.
However, I think this is one tiny thing in the sea of things they're doing. It's not like they're ignoring all the big important stuff to focus on the TV thing. Judging by all the stuff they've done in the past couple of days already, I think it's clear they have plenty of more important things to do and are doing them.
I think it's because there's a backup in sending the coupons, maybe not even because they ran out. But they've been saying from the beginning that there were only a certain amount available, so I say tough luck if you didn't get it early.
-Preston
Yeah I think if you don't understand yet what you need to do to continue getting broadcast TV, then you probably need to have your TV shut off so that you are encouraged to open a book.
Post a Comment
<< Home