Wednesday, January 14, 2009
rock-a-bye baby
Rocking my babe to sleep is easily my favorite part of the day. There's nothing better than sitting with him at night, rocking, and watching his little eyes slowly droop and close.It's gotten so easy too, the minute he starts seeming tired we stick him in the bath, if it's a bath night, or I put lotion and pajamas on him. We turn down the lights in his room, turn on his music and either feed him or give him a pacifier. I read a 'touch and feel' good night book, and then sometimes have to "shhh" to get him to settle a little bit. Once he's stopped wiggling, it doesn't take long for his eyes to drift shut, and for him to wiggle into a comfy spot in my arms and be fast asleep. I usually rock a little longer than necessary, because every time I do this I think about how quickly these days will pass and how much I'll miss them.
Last night, I was tired and had rocked him to sleep for two naps already that day, so I was ready to give up the task to daddy when he seemed like he needed quality baby time. Unfortunately, and we're just starting to figure this out, the little man doesn't like daddy to put him to bed. I suppose he and I have built enough of a routine that it's not the same without me there. We'd gotten through the book, and he was calm and very close to closing his eyes when I gave him to daddy. It didn't take long for him to start crying in protest. Loudly. I went in the room, calmed him down, gave him back to daddy... and repeat. This time, I went to sleep and just let them figure it out. I guess he got him to sleep, because I didn't wake up the middle of the night, when little man was hungry. Methinks daddy needs to put him to bed more often (but I don't want to give it up!) because he really needs to be okay with either one of us putting him to bed...
1 Comments:
He just wants his mommy, and he's definitely on to your little game :)
Post a Comment
<< Home