Monday, February 16, 2009
My husband has this habit of sleeping with the blankets over his face. He loves it, loves being completely under the blankets. I don't understand how he can sleep that way, because if I put anything over my face, I feel like I can't breathe.
Well, I think our son has inherited this tendency. I noticed it first one day when he was just a month or so old, and he was sleeping in the swing. He was sleeping, but wiggling, and he wiggled just enough, until the blanket that was wrapped around him came up over his face, then he settled into quiet sleep. A few minutes later, I pulled the blanket down then walked away to do something, and when I came back that blanket was right back up over his face. I pulled it down again, walked away again, and he wiggled it back up again. This probably happened four or five times, until I finally gave up. It was obvious he was breathing just fine.
Since then, we've noticed a few times that he's gotten the blanket up over his face, and seems to like it there. But nothing quite as obvious until today. I put him down for a nap and after fussing for a bit he calmed down and fell asleep. When I peeked in, he had the blanket clenched tightly in both fists and is holding it over his face. When i tried moving it a bit he whined and wiggled. I'm happy with the blanket here mama, thankyouverymuch.
Alrighty then, if this really becomes a habit, I'll be much more okay with it when he's not a baby anymore. It just makes a tiny bit nervous now. Silly kid.
1 Comments:
Haha ha! That's so funny :) But I can definitely understand why you'd prefer he wait until he's a little older to pick up that habit...
Post a Comment
<< Home