Monday, March 09, 2009
6 months
Today, Asher turns 6 months old. Cake and Ice Cream anyone? He's almost exactly six months older than his new baby cousin, Shaela Willow, who was born last Wednesday. This is the time that the six months between them is the most obvious and it's amazing to look at the difference and know that it only takes six little months for a baby to grow and develop so much.In the last week, it seems like it dawned on him - "hey! I'm going to be six months old! I better give mom and dad something to talk about!" - so he has been working diligently on all kinds of new milestones.
- Sitting up. He still flops over if he gets excited or turns too far, but does really well.
- Crawling muscles. In literally seven days he went from trying to get up on hands and knees (last monday) to holding himself up, and yesterday, rocking on his hands and knees every time he gets up there. Want to take bets on when he starts crawling?
- Eating 'solids' (I think it's funny that mushy baby food is called solids) The breakthrough came when I figured out how much he likes bananas. Once he figured out how to eat that, everything else is coming pretty easily. He ate lots of peas this weekend!
- CHEERIOS! At my sister's this weekend, she said he was big enough to have cheerios (I went WHAT?! But hey, she's my big sister, who am I to argue?) so he had his first cheerio. He gave us some funny faces, but that little thing in his mouth definitely kept him busy for awhile. AND he was able to pick up one, with his pinchers, and put it in his mouth! (He's a genious baby, of course, my sister's kids took a month or more to figure that out (hey, this is my blog, I'm allowed to pretend my kid is the smartest, cutest thing that ever lived) )
- Giggles! He will actually giggle now! It doesn't come very readily yet, but if we get him at the right moment - like the video below - we can get some.
He's been really fun all along, but he's truly getting more FUN lately. He's happy (I think he likes that he can move a little) pretty much all the time, even when he's tired. He's smiley, and just fun. 6 months definitely feels like a milestone. I'm SO excited for this summer!
1 Comments:
Hey Rochelle!
My husband made me homemade popcorn last night and I thought of you! Asher is so cute and I love the current pictures. Sitting up--whoo-hoo!
Your blog is always fun to read. Trinity is so much fun these days--I love it!
Love,
Sarah :)
Post a Comment
<< Home