Monday, March 23, 2009

family weekend

I've taken to, sporadically, taking little a and spending a day or two at my mom and dad's. This has happened mainly when my husband is out of town... and I just love it. Not only do I get some quality time with my family but I feel like I relax a little more and look at my baby through other people's eyes and see the things he's doing differently.

We took that trip this weekend when A went to KC to help his brother. I knew the little guy was getting pretty mobile, but don't think I realized just how much. He can't crawl yet, and he doesn't exactly scoot or army crawl or anything, but somehow he can just about get to where he wants to go. He wiggles and squirms and twists his body around and by doing that he's all over the place (within the confines of a living room floor that is). It's pretty cute. He's moving his hand and legs some when he's up on all fours now, and I feel like we're just counting down the moments until he figures out how to make that crawling thing work and is suddenly all over the place (and I enter a whole new era of mommyhood - chasing). I just have a feeling this little boy is going to be a terror once he starts really moving.

Last night, little a was playing on the floor so we had a floor picnic when our pizza got done. Lazy supper. Little a was sitting up, facing us, and daddy's legs were stretched out in front of him. The plate with our pizza was on the other side of the great leg obstacle and little a spotted it, decided he wanted it, and started moving that direction with great determination. He leaned forward and launched the top part of his body over one leg, and we figured he was stuck high-centered there. But no, somehow, and I actually can't even remember how, he got the rest of his body all the way over the leg, and then got himself almost all the way over the other leg. From that point he could reach the plate. I wish I would have videotaped it, because it was pure entertainment.

4 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

He sounds like so much fun :) Are you going to bring him to the wedding or leave him with grandparents?

7:11 PM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

he IS so much fun. We ran errands tonight and I sat in the back with him on the way home and talked to him, he 'talked' back, and laughed/giggled the whole way home, wearing such a big smile his smile muscles had to have been getting tired! SO cute.

We'll probably bring him to the wedding. Right now, i don't see any reason we wouldn't.

8:56 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if he could reach the plate, did you let him taste some pizza? ;)

3:14 PM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

The pizza was gone by the time he got to the plate. Adam let him chew on the side of the plate and we wondered if it ended up being worth the effort ? :)

2:32 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home