Thursday, March 12, 2009
I’m afraid to even say this, because I might jinx it… but Asher has started almost sleeping through the night.
I say almost, because the 4am hour is still considered night in my book, but it’s so close to my morning (the 5am hour) that we don’t have much further to go.
I fed him a little more cereal in the evening, and then his last wake-up feeding was a little later than usual (10:30 as opposed to 9:30) both nights, and he slept right on through the usual 2am waking time. Yay!
BUT yesterday morning he woke up at a quarter to five. Woke up talking and making little noises, NOT crying. I waited until ten after five, then got up to feed him, hoping he’d fall asleep and sleep another hour. NOPE. He was ready for the day! Bright-eyed and bushy tailed! (and yesterday afternoon he took a three hour nap).
THIS morning, he woke up at 4am. Same thing, talking to himself, happy, little whiny noises here and there. I didn’t want to feed him, but couldn’t sleep, and finally gave in and fed him at 5am. He was tired, but didn’t want to go back to sleep, so in a desperate attempt for both of us to get at least one more hour of sleep I did the fail-proof get-baby-to-sleep method – brought him to bed with us. (why does this work SO well?)
Waking at 5 is okay. Waking at 4 is NOT. But either one is way better than 2am because it means we’re making progress! Yay!
1 Comments:
Yippee! I don't think anyone but recent parents can understand or remember what a BIG DEAL this is. You might feel a little silly celebrating it, but it's a huge step. Way to go, Asher!
Post a Comment
<< Home