Friday, March 06, 2009

Old Tyme Baby

The MOPS group at our church is holding a old-time photo for children fundraiser this weekend. It started last night, so we thought it would be fun to take Asher, especially since he'll be 6 months on Monday. A good 6 month photo shoot. And only $10, awesome!

I didn't really think further ahead than that $10 though. And now, I'm already anticipating spending waaaaay too much for the photos. We put the little man in just overalls and the photographer set him up in probably five different poses. The first one he was a little guitar man, with a blues brothers hat, then there was a fisherman pose, baseball, cowboy, and something else I can't think of now. It was SO CUTE. SO cute. I can't even tell you how cute he was. Obviously the cutest baby that ever lived. And the MOPS girls tell me that when you go back in for photos, they have a bunch of photos of different poses already printed out and they spread them out on a table for you. And it might be about $40 PER SHEET. $40 for wallets. $40 for 2 5x7s. $40 for an 8x10. And if you don't buy them, you just know that they'll just throw them away. And it's heartbreaking to walk away from them knowing that. I should just send Adam, but I know I can't, because I'll want to see them all. I can already see how easy it would be to spend $400, $500 on these photos.

Dang, this photo company knows what it's doing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck says, "Just find out where they throw them away." ;)

9:58 AM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

funny. that's exactly what my brother in law said last night.

7:22 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home