Wednesday, March 18, 2009

random thoughts

* lately little a has been taking better naps in the afternoon, and often he's still asleep when daddy gets home from work. A can't help but hope he wakes up soon, and a bit ago said 'I want to go wake him up', instead of waking him though, he went into his room and he's kneeling by the crib in the dark watching him sleep. It's so sweet.

* the previous owners of our house left blackout shades in all the bedrooms, and I have become spoiled by them. I love napping in the dark room, and even more, I love being able to have my baby nap in a dark room. It's fabulous, and if we ever move I will probably have to invest in more.

* We painted the sunroom blue Sunday. It's pretty. It makes me sorta feel like being at the ocean.

* The layoffs at work are over. I survived. There were a few that were the main breadwinners with families to support. Those I feel the worst for. I suppose we shouldn't have been surprised that we, too, were hit by this... heck, we report on it every day... but I think everyone was blindsided.

* In my attempt to look at the positive in everything... along with a few really good people, we got rid of a few people that definitely needed weeded out and we are left with hard workers with positive attitudes. This is a good thing.

* a is six months and a week and a half old. The average age for crawling (i think) is about 8 months. He's constantly getting up on his knees and rocking like crazy. Want to take bets on when he starts crawling?

* why do i feel like i'm constantly cleaning my house? And how is it that other moms seem to have time to do things, besides cleaning. Do they not clean? Or do they somehow keep things clean?

1 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

don't worry, my house is always messy too. I swear it should be vacuumed about 4 times a day but I don't have time with my fat little baby who eats constantly. It's a good thing preston is a good helper with housework or it would be a disaster! If you ever just drop in on people, a lot of the time you would be surprised at how messy the house can get when they aren't expecting someone to come over :)

1:16 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home