Monday, April 13, 2009
sleeping victories
We haven't quite reached the milestone of sleeping through the night yet, but we're gaining some ground anyway...After visiting with a friend last week about babies and bad sleepers, I gained some resolve to work a little harder on getting Baby a to fall asleep and stay asleep better, and that afternoon I put him down for a nap wide awake. We read a couple books, turned down the lights and turned on some music and then put him in the crib wide awake. He played for 20 minutes, cried for about 7, and fell asleep! And we've repeated that procedure for two more naps and bedtimes now, it worked every time, and today he cried for about a minute before falling fast asleep.
I LOVE it. There's nothing better than being able to put a baby down for a nap/bedtime, and having him actually go to sleep. (insert sigh of relief)
This makes me think that he WILL learn to go back to sleep on his own in the middle of the night, soon. I AM holding out hope for a true full night of sleep soon.
3 Comments:
I'm not familiar with this "through the night" thing you keep talking about....
Ok, I guess T was doing it for a long time before t was born (he still does) but she only does it randomly. But she has other issues that contribute (sleep apnea).
Bo wakes up randomly at night sometimes..We need to figure out a solution too to get him to go back to sleep on his own.
FOLLOW UP - tonight, we had small group, and he got very tired/crabby while everyone was still here, so instead of the usual routine I rocked him for about a minute, and he was wiggly and squirmy the whole time, and then put him in his crib.
HE FELL ASLEEP. With NO crying. He simply fell asleep. AMAZING.
Post a Comment
<< Home