Sunday, June 07, 2009
growing babies
Baby Blue Eyes is quickly approaching nine months old, which is so close to one year old that it almost weirds me out. I was prepared for having a baby, but I'm not so sure if I'm prepared for having a toddler! He has his nine-month well baby checkup tomorrow, a day before he officially turns nine months old.Have I told you how much I love well-baby checkups? If you can gloss over the shots-making-baby-scream part of them, they're FABulous! I have a whole list of questions for my doctor, things I'd want to ask, but things that aren't big enough for me to actually GO to the doctor, or even do the call-a-nurse thing. So I love that there's an appointment ready-and-waiting for me to ask all the silly little questions. My doctor is a breastfeeding mom of six, and she's patient and thorough. I really like her, and really trust her.
Just to throw a pic in there. We got to babysit the other night, so Jersey got to go on a bike ride with us and Blue Eyes. He likes bike rides (they put him to sleep).
We went to a wedding this weekend. My best friend's little sister. I was the second-in-command to the photographer (another great friend), a throwback to the days I used to shoot weddings. It was great fun. Shooting, and spending time with friends that I don't see nearly enough. I'd post some pics, but the photographer has them all and is getting a CD ready for the couple. They were gorgeous and you can tell they're so happy, they both absolutely glow. Congrats Steph and Justin :)
So much to say... how refreshing it was to see my best friend, and how neat it is that my husband and her boyfriend get along so well that we can't get a word in edgewise sometimes. How I could simply sit around a table and visit with those two, my husband, and our photographer friend all day and be entirely happy. How great little man did traveling this weekend. And how happy I am that he's back into a sleeping-better phase (went into the crib awake tonight and fell asleep without a peep). How grateful I am for my wonderful husband, who I sometimes complain about, but who truly is a FANTASTIC husband and father. He's scrubbing the kitchen floor right now. I love him so much. How did I get so lucky?
Back to the babe. So he'll be nine months on Tuesday. Crazy. And he likes to stand on things now. I caught him one day whining in his play area, and thinking he was just whining for me to come get him I finished what I was doing quick and then went to him. He didn't want me to come get him, he just wanted me to come rescue him. He had one foot in the back of a toy truck and was standing up in it holding on to the gate. He didn't know how to get down.
| See mom! I can see out the window better from up here! From 8 Months |
2 Comments:
It was wonderful to see you too! I wish we'd had more time to talk and hang out!
you always have two nurses in your family you can call or email with questions too! I can't believe he is so big already either, it goes soo fast!
Post a Comment
<< Home