Monday, June 08, 2009

our little man

baby turns nine months old tomorrow, and tonight he was completely wearing the nine-month-old shoes. He started clapping last Thursday, and now he's a clapping fool. He'll clap randomly and copy us, he's getting good enough to make a little bit of noise with those two hands together. He also started shaking his head in 'no' fashion. He started that a few weeks ago, but it was more random - like he was wondering what the world looked like if he waved his head back and forth. Now he copies. I shake my head, he shakes his, and grins.

He explores everywhere, finds the tiniest possible things to pick up off the floor and put in his mouth and stands up on his own for just moments. We had a well-baby appointment today, and he's in the 50th percentile for weight (just under 20 lbs) and 75th for height. He's almost 30 inches! Time to retire the infant seat!

He's been babbling 'dadadada' and 'mamamama' for some time, but tonight, I'm pretty sure 'Da-Da' meant something. He was sitting on daddy's lap and when I came into the room we said 'Ma-Ma' and he thought about it for a minute and then said 'Da-Da' very clearly. Then said it again. Then looked up at daddy. So fun.

I wish I had more photos to post, but I don't. I'll be taking some 'official' nine-month old photos sometime this week, and post those. He definitely looks different than he did at six months. He's getting a bit of a little-boy look. What happened to our little tiny baby?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home