Sunday, August 02, 2009

the new adventures in sleeping

I finally realized the problem I have with blogging lately: I've been so busy facebooking and tweeting and READING blogs, that my computer time runs out before I have a chance to blog.

(spell check doesn't think 'facebooking' is a word. whatever.:) )

In the last four months, we've worked hard on getting our bad sleeper of a baby to sleep better. I created my own half-baby-friendly, half-tough-it-out strategies for getting him to fall asleep in the crib on his own and then for getting him to not need to eat in the middle of the night. According to all the books (each with their own strategy of reaching this goal) succeeding at these two things should mean that baby will start sleeping through the night.

But, not OUR baby!

We reached that goal, oh, probably a month or two ago, and since then he has gone through waking-up phases (wake up at 12, then wake up at 2, then wake up and four and cry for 45 minutes) but hasn't really slept THROUGH the night.

We got hopeful three weeks ago when he slept through the night ONE night at a cousin's house. They had a big loud box fan. So we bought one, hoping that would do the trick.

nope

Then we got hopeful at the lake last weekend, but there was no trick, except that he took a GREAT nap with the sound machine playing really loud ocean wave noises. So I bought an ocean-wave sound and played it on the cd player loud.

nope

So then we decided it was either kids wearing him out, or that he somehow knew that mom and dad were in the room with him and it helped him sleep. So hubby decided to pull a mattress in his bedroom and sleep in there with him this weekend. YIPPEE!

I was all for that idea, because whether it meant BABY would be sleeping through the night or not, it definitely meant MAMA would!!!!

ha!

And guess what? Friday night, he did NOT sleep through the night.

But last night, he DID!

yay!

Now... will it continue? Maybe daddy needs to sleep in there for the next week to get him used to it? hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home