Sunday, August 23, 2009

pleasantly surprised...

I took a few hours this afternoon to work on my second practice car cake. It started out like this...



and I was pretty surprised at how good it turned out! The corners have some issues, and some lines aren't exactly straight, but for a first cake... I'm pretty darn proud of myself!

5 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

I think it's fabulous!

8:12 PM 
Blogger Tara said...

I love it!!

9:58 PM 
Blogger Beth said...

It's adorable!! He's going to love it! But you do realize you're setting a pretty high standard for subsequent birthdays, right? :)

11:29 PM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

my mom did cakes like this for all of our birthdays growing up - we got to pick out any cake we wanted! I loved the tradition... and am hoping I can do the same for my kids... we'll see!

7:34 AM 
Blogger angela said...

I made preston a super mario cake like that for his birthday. I realized I am not cut out for decorating cakes, no patience, no talent :)

8:59 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home