Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Goodbye
My grandma passed away this morning. I'm sad, a little happy, and a little numb. She had been diagnosed with cancer in her lungs when I was two months pregnant. She kept saying her wish was to just hold the baby; I scoffed every time because she was doing SO well, you never would have known she had cancer. All her doctors were shocked that she was 90, they didn’t believe her because she seemed so much younger. Not only did she live to hold the baby, but she came to the hospital to visit, and she got to hold him many times through his first year of life, and got to see him ‘toddling’ around her house right before his first birthday.She moved into assisted living less than a month ago. She'd been having a harder and harder time getting around. She was in pain more often and more dependent on others. She hated that.
We visited and showed her pictures from Baby Blue’s birthday party. I expected her to be there for awhile, long enough to make some friends and get involved in some activities and find out she really kinda liked it. Two and a half weeks later, last week, she was admitted to the hospital because she was weak. We expected her to get better. Sunday, it was apparent she wouldn’t and they put her on hospice. We, and some other grandchildren, visited her. All her kids have been spending every moment with her. She got to talk to the cousins who couldn’t visit on the phone Sunday night. And this morning she’s gone.
Goodbye Grandma. I love you. See you in heaven.
1 Comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for you and the family. Love you, my friend!
Post a Comment
<< Home