Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three Years and Counting

When I was 23, I attended a co-worker's wedding. I was supposed to move to California a month earlier, and was just buying time and counting down the days to when I could leave this city, finally. So, might as well go to the wedding, and while I was at it I might as well find a guy to swing dance with, right? I told my co-worker that, and halfway through the night she came up to be, a guy with a beer in tow.. "this is the guy that can swing dance"

Six years later, that guy, the one who, after our first date, I was sure was 'perfect for someone, but not for me'. The one who just hung on, waiting to see what would happen when I moved to California. The one who reluctantly agreed a long-distance relationship would be okay. The one who happily welcomed me back two years later... is the best husband a girl could ask for.

I get mad at him, and he just lets me rant. He never gets mad at me. He's calm, patient and level-headed. Things I often am not. He’s learning to be a leader and he’s seeking after God more than I could have hoped for. He’s smarter than I’ll ever be. He’s grounded, his morals and values never waver even when mine do. He manages money well, and if we’re ever wealthy people it won’t be because we made good money, it’ll be because our money had a manager who knew what he was doing. He loves me, and it’s evident every day. Yet, there’s so much to learn about this husband of mine, he keeps me thinking, and guessing, and probably will for a long time.

Most amazing though? I love watching him be a dad. I adore how much he loves and cares for his little man. I love watching him roughhouse and make him giggle. I love how he’s stronger than me already when it comes to discipline (last night, throwing food around on the highchair tray and grinning – daddy, straight-faced, said no – and I had to walk away because I couldn’t help but giggle).

I love him more every day, and I can’t wait to go through all the stages of life with him, and grow old with him. Marriage, to the right person, is an awesome, awesome thing.

Happy 3rd Anniversary, Honey.



From Family Photos

3 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Awwww... I love you guys :) Happy anniversary!

6:01 PM 
Blogger Tara said...

Awwww is right! You guys are awesome together! Hope you had a great anniversary!

11:31 AM 
Blogger studiocitro said...

Happy anniversary!! So happy for you :) :) :)

4:03 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home