Thursday, October 08, 2009
talking up a storm
Baby Blue turns 13 months tomorrow. I’m thinking baby books need to have pages for monthly updates past the 12 month mark. My book goes up to twelve months and then the next page is for the 2nd birthday!He started walking a week or so before he turned 12 months old, and in the past month has mastered it, started toddler-running (I’m not sure if it can really be called running yet, but it’s definitely faster than a walk!) and started working on TALKING. The kid babbles like nothing else, and is really good at having 'conversations', here and there an actual word finds it’s way into those babbles!
So what’s he talking about? He said Truck – “douck” and daddy – “dat”, “dadada” and very very rarely – “mamama” before the 12 month mark, but now he’s saying more…
Banana is “nahnah”
All Done is “ahh duh”
That is now “dat” (sometimes also used for dad)
Yesterday he said eat for the first time, “at” and I feel like I’m missing something. He tries to say sock, tractor, dog, bye-bye and night-night… but those aren’t definitive yet.
He’s also starting to really pick up sign language. All Done, Milk, More and Eat are the ones he’s sort of figured out so far. Next we’re working on water, please and thank you and then we’ll work on bath and bedtime signs.
I was totally accustomed to having a baby, this having a little boy thing is taking some getting used to!
1 Comments:
This means we need more videos to hear Asher's adventures in speaking ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home