Sunday, November 22, 2009

Enjoying the Moment

This was supposed to be a table to play at, but it turned into a seat. From 14 Months


I won't lie. We're pretty darn lucky... no, blessed... people right now. Life is SO easy, and SO fun. We have this absolutely adorable almost-15-month-old who wanders around our house with a permanent smile on his face. He grins, giggles, exclaims, dances, and pulls us into the wonder that is his life. He's amazed by so much, and he's learning so much. Everything is new and wonderful and it's so fun to be experiencing the wonder of the world with him.

Okay, his smile isn't permanent, but he's generally pretty happy. And even when he's not, his crabby isn't too hard to deal with. He's not too messy, yet, so meals are easy. He understands no, and most of the time does a pretty good job obeying it (takes some repeating, but he does well). The hardest part of life right now is probably just keeping up with him... because he wants to RUN wherever he is... but even that, is not actually hard at all and it's kind of fun. He goes to sleep good, he mostly sleeps all night, he wakes up happy...

He plays by himself really well, so I can keep the house and laundry relatively clean and put together and I can get meals cooked and on the table (pretty good ones lately) on time, without much stress.

does it sound like I'm bragging? I kind of am. But mostly I'm writing this all down to remember it. Some days I think it's hard. Some days he wants to just be under my feet, hanging on my legs or opening and closing cupboards when i'm trying to cook. Sometimes he's just hungry and can't be patient for a meal. Sometimes he's tired, and a little fussy, or he's being particular about something he wants. In those moments, I sometimes feel a little stressed.

But I know, I KNOW, that I will look back on these days and marvel at how easy it was. Someday I'll have more kids and there will be different ages and different personalities and it simply won't be this easy. I know this, and I'm trying to savor every moment we have of right now. In yoga they talk about living in the present moment. That's what I'm trying to do. It's just so easy right now, and SO fun.

This is after he fell off. Don't worry, he didn't care that he fell. It was probably fun. From 14 Months

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home