Thursday, December 10, 2009
Video Montage of a 15-Month-Old
What marks the official transition from baby to little boy? We're really in the midst of it right now, this little man really isn't a baby anymore, but he's not quite a little boy either.Baby Blue Eyes turned 15 months old yesterday. He has started dancing (as mentioned in my previous post) and and singing. He still tries to copy a lot of words, but there are no more that he says consistently (he STILL says dada a whole lot more than he says mama). He's discovered that he can grab me and pull me (by my finger, clothes, hair), the first couple times I thought he wanted something, but no, we just went in a couple complete circles around the house.
He goes to bed like a dream now; and he only wakes up at night when we forget to turn the overhead fan off and he's freezing cold. If we don't turn the light on to rouse him awake in the mornings to go to work, he'll often just stay in his dark room, hanging out silently in his crib, until someone comes to get him (7:15 and 7:45 the last two mornings)
He goes down for naps pretty easily as well, though we're officially in transition with that. He doesn't always need his morning nap as early, but he's not always completely okay with just one nap either. And today, it took him a full hour messing around in his crib to finally fall asleep.
He has a new love for his little rocking chair from Grandma's house, he'll climb up in it and read a book and rock. Usually only for 30 seconds or so, but yesterday he probably did that ten times. Today he watched half of Sesame Street sitting happily in his rocking chair.
He's also gotten very good at using his spoon... good in that, he can scoop up the food and get a lot of it into his mouth. He's impatient though, and that other hand has to dig up food too, so when i let him eat cereal himself... it ends up pretty much everywhere. And truthfully? I love it.
He's also working on upping his getting-mad skills. He now sometimes gets mad and runs away. It's hilarious. He also will just wake up on the wrong side of the bed and whine about nothing. And even though he can tell us if he wants to eat or drink, he doesn't use his signs and just gets mad. This video is for everyone who thinks he's always happy.
And his parents, we're in transition too. He's officially done nursing as of this week, and for the first time in almost two years I don't have another person relying on my body somehow. I don't have to think about when or what I'm eating or drinking for anyone but myself. It's a nice freeing feeling, and I'll enjoy every moment of it until the next time (which, not like it's a big secret, hopefully won't be too far off...)
We're going to get a full day and night this weekend as just the two of us when Blue Eyes goes to stay overnight with my parents for the first time, in anticipation of a two-night stay in February when we go visit my brother-in-law in KC. I have no idea what to do with a Saturday free of planning around naps and feeding a hungry little man... actually... I have lots of ideas, but it's almost overwhelming to me!
And, here's a cute photo:
| From 14 Months |
More at http://picasaweb.google.com/rochellebeth/14Months and all the videos at http://www.youtube.com/rbfife
2 Comments:
Excellent video montage! He's just adorable (even when he's mad) :)
He is soooooo lovely! I just want to cuddle him when I watch these. Also, he's a very bright young man! I am very impressed!!! :) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home