Sunday, January 10, 2010
finally
| From 15 Months |
I'm sitting under my "new" (as in new-ly fixed old) blanket, warming up with a hot cup of tea, and finally getting around to posting an update on here. It's been a busy month. Christmas, and all it's shopping-decorating-baking-wrapping-goodness makes time just fly by. Then add snowstorm on top of snowstorm to that and now that it's finally gotten above zero today I feel like I can finally take a breath.
And so here we are, with a newly turned sixteen-month-old little boy ("that's only two months away from 18 months! And that's only six months away from TWO YEARS" He's almost TWO!" -me, to hubby, yesterday), a new-used snowblower (virtually guaranteeing it won't snow again all winter), and a messy house full of love and giggles.
I guess I have to start with before Christmas. It's a good thing we played in the snow before our big Christmas snowstorm, because now it's just plain too deep! It'll be awhile before we venture out to play again.
Blue Eyes figured out this Christmas present thing immediately, and got really good at tearing wrapping paper off packages. Choosing to NOT follow stereotypes, he was actually more excited about his toys than about the boxes and wrapping paper. The cutest thing was probably that every time he looked in a box to see what it was, he kinda went 'ooohhhh'. Adorable.
On Christmas morning he insisted that he have some milk before he would even think about walking through the living room (where he would have found all his presents from Santa) but then once he found those packages the milk was quickly forgotten! "Santa" put lots of little packages and little baggies of goldfish crackers and gerber baby snacks in his stocking, and he was probably most excited about those - doing a little 'goldfish dance' every time he saw a new baggie of treats!
Speaking of which, the kid loves to eat! He has such power in being able to sign and say the word 'eat' and he uses it about every chance he gets! He'll eat pretty much anything and everything at this point, which is fantastic. He definitely has favorites, but he likes to try it all. (favorites:bananas, peanut-butter bread, cottage cheese, cheese, crackers)
Lately he has taken to throwing garbage away for me. I guess he thinks I'm not clean enough because he'll find little things on the floor (proving how badly i need to sweep sometimes) and he'll pull out the drawer for the garbage and throw them away. It's cute right now.... it won't be when he starts throwing everything away!
He also has figured out how to climb onto the couch, and oh! it's a whole new world! Crawl up, walk around, 'jump' a little, crawl off, start all over. The other day, for grandma, he was purposely falling off into a pile of pillows.
He has so many words I wouldn't even know where to start. MOST of them are words he says when he's copying something someone else has already said, but there are a few that he says on his own. He jabbers like crazy. I'm truly anxious for the day we can actually understand what he's saying, right now I feel like he has important things to tell me and that I just need an interpreter!
Finally, little man getting mad is still pretty adorable. he's figured out how to make his body go limp in my arms when he wants to (and fortunately doesn't use that very often) but most of the time when he's mad he either throws himself on the floor or just takes off running! It's so rough being a toddler!!
And there's your update :) Now, I'm off to cuddle with my husband.
| Hanging out in the back of his new truck! From 15 Months |
| After the snowstorms. From 15 Months |
| Looking for a new snowblower. "We need one with lots of power daddy!" From 15 Months |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home