Saturday, January 23, 2010
Northern Virginia
I decided that when I tell you I'm going to D.C., that I should really tell you I'm going to Northern Virginia. Both times I've been out here, we don't go into D.C. at all, we instead enjoy the rural areas and suburbia of Northern Virginia.Last night, hanging out, bonding until we got giggly and the boys gave us funny looks. Today, girls day out wine-tasting (and the longest the new momma has been away from baby so far), a yummy salmon dinner and a board game. Lots of baby cuddling and playing, talking about baby everything, folding and oohhing over cute little girl baby clothes. Tomorrow will be another fantastic day before I get up Monday for an easy morning and then head to the airport for the flight home.
Oh, speaking of that, you're wondering, aren't you? I did good on the flight. Thanks to the grace of God, prayers, a good book, and a little piece of paper I kept in my pocket:
if i rise on the wings of dawn,
if i settle on the far sides of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
-Psalm 139:9-10
Yes, i got a little nervous. But I didn't have my heart plunging to my feet everytime we hit turbulence (fortunately we didn't have much, but that's what used to happen). I didn't count down the minutes to being safely on the ground. I told myself every movement and adjustment and noise on the plane was normal and I actually believed it. Yay. Now i just have to make it home :)
I miss my boys, but am having such a good time with my friends, that it's totally okay.
4 Comments:
wow, sounds like you are having fun! I can't imagine leaving my little ones for a whole weekend! I don't know what I'd do without them :) I bet Asher will be so glad to see you!!!
Ah, Virginia wineries! We did that for my East Coast bridal shower. I remember being shocked at the good quality of the wine and learning that a sweet dessert wine actually pairs best with a dark chocolate. Fun times!
Yeah...It has been a WONDERFUL weekend. We loved having you. We really must do this a little more frequently. Next time, bring the boys and we can work on that marriage thing. :)
So glad to hear you are over the anxiety! Next trip down under!
Post a Comment
<< Home