Wednesday, January 27, 2010

we now return to our regularly scheduled programming

My silly mom put stickers all over my face, and I forgot about it. From 16Months


Let me just get on my soapbox and read to you. From 16Months


Crazy Hair, Crazy Kid. From 16Months


Yesterday, I stayed home from work because I didn't want to get home and then leave Baby Blue Eyes right away. Today though, I had to get back to normal, and that included going to MOPS this morning, then going to work this afternoon. Which meant I had to drop Blue Eyes off in nursery, then pick him up and drop him off at daycare. Normally, he doesn't care. But before my trip, he'd started getting just a little more clingy and then my leaving for four days didn't help matters... which meant dropping him off, twice, today was heartbreaking.

He held onto me for dear life, which I loved because he normally doesn't hold/hug me like that. If I made a move to pull him away, he squeezed tighter. I finally had to just peel him off me and hand a crying little man over to someone else and it just about broke my heart. Then I had to do it again. Talk about mommy guilt. ouch.

The good thing is, that even in that moment, I KNOW he's fine, he'll be fine, and we'll all live through it. And it's true. At daycare, he was grinning by the time I was driving out of the driveway. I love this little person. What did we ever do without him?

From 16Months

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Looks like you two had a fun day at home together :)

9:29 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home