Friday, February 12, 2010
17 months
Blue Eyes turned 17 months the other day. As I write he's sitting next to me munching on crackers and cheerios and drinking teeny tiny bits of water out of a little cup, without a sippy lid. I pour a bit of water from my cup into his, he drinks it, hands it back to me and signs (and says) 'more'. It's a fun game.Daily, as I play with him, I think of little tidbits. "He turned 17 months old... i should write this about him" but in the moment, playing, I don't get up and write it down so that now, when I'm sitting at my computer, I can't think of it all.
He loves to climb, in, over, and through things. He got himself stuck in one of his chairs the other night... but he also got himself unstuck. He's so good and climbing around and NOT getting hurt that I fear I'm getting too confident and one of these days he'll get hurt just because I'm so sure he won't. But, perhaps that's life?
| From 16Months |
He's definitely figured out how to throw little tantrums, he's great at throwing his food around when he's done (he used to nicely sign 'all done') and he always dumps his bowls and plates... just for fun. He just dumped a bowl of cheerios all over the counter... and I'm quite sure that it's just a matter of seconds before he goes crazy and spreads them all over everywhere, just because it's fun. We have a nightly pajama battle, that i hope we outgrow soon, and a many-times-daily diaper battle. This makes me glad I work part-time and someone else can change a few diapers.
there go the cheerios....
"uhhh-ohhh" he says.
He stayed three nights at grandma & grandpa's (my parents) last weekend, and had a blast. He was, of course, a perfect angel - signing all done at meals, never battling when it was diaper or clothes changing time. I'm glad for this, but kinda not at the same time...
What else? "No" has become the standard answer for everything. Sometimes, to entertain myself, I just start asking him yes or no questions because it's so cute watching him shake his head and say "noo".
He has learned that it's really fun to blow on my tummy, thanks to his aunt for that one. She's been working on teaching him for a while and a couple weeks ago he just suddenly attacked me while i was lying on the floor, pulled my shirt up a bit, slobbered all over my belly, and giggled.
He's ALWAYS hungry, or thinks he is. It's constant. "mom, eat, mom, eat"
My favorite thing in the world though? He's really really good at saying "mama". It's clear as a bell. He didn't say mom for the longest time (all the while saying "dad, dada, daddy") but it all balances out now, because he'll say mama on demand and he barely says daddy.
I'm finishing this blog just after we put little man to bed tonight, and am reminded of something else he's perfected - going totally limp when he doesn't want to do something. He did it tonight when I went to pick him up to put him to bed - only problem? He went limp before I even touched him, causing him to fall straight down and slam his head on the floor. Good thing toddlers don't have far to fall. Hopefully he'll learn pretty quickly that doing that is not a good idea.
3 Comments:
Love, love, love the video :) I think you need to save this and watch it again when he's a teenager. I suspect that you will be able to get an equal number and variety of words out of him them.
I love the video - so cute. I love the mama on demand and no to almost everything else! And, I love the newsy update about what a.'s doing. Thanks for sharing
He is so cute and fun. I wish we were closer...
In other news - we have a giant. She is off the charts for her height and in the 95th percentile for weight.
hasta luego
He is just tooo cute! I think being this cute must be illegal at least in one state in the US.
Post a Comment
<< Home