Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cars!

Blue Eyes' grandma dropped off a road rug a week ago, she'd found it at a thrift store, and said we could 'borrow' it while she was out of town, but then it was for her house.

I'm not sure if she's going to get it back.

It's been a full week, and ALL this little man plays with when he's in the house is his cars, trains, trucks, and planes on that rug. I'm afraid if it goes missing he'll wander around the house with a lost look in his eye, saying "cars.. cars... cars?" over and over.

Saturday, we had a babysitter watch little man while we went to a party. When she came in the house he was in the middle of the living room happily driving cars around, and I said to her "I hope you like playing cars" and looked at Blue Eyes, in response, he GRINNED, held a car up in the air and goes "CARS!"

Monday morning, I heard him stirring when he woke up, and when I went in to get him he was laying flat on his back, eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling. I leaned over and said "good morning sunshine!" His response? "Cars!"

The kid is definitely male, he has a one track mind, and when it's set on playing cars you can forget EVERYTHING else you were doing... eating? nah. going to bed? NO WAY. Taking a bath only got enjoyable when we took airplanes to the bathtub, and it's still a struggle getting there.

Tonight, he only willingly let me put him in his crib for bed because he had his Thomas Train with him. He fell asleep hugging the train engine and car to his chest.

I am realizing right now that I need to take a picture of him, on the road rug, surrounded by all his automobiles. The boy is in his heaven.

When that one-track-mind isn't set on cars (which does happen, rarely, but it does) it's set on going outside and riding bikes. He's discovered we can all ride bikes together and it's the coolest thing EVER. He leads me over to my bike "bike? daddy?" (I'm daddy, and daddy's daddy, I'm only mommy when he REALLY wants something - can someone explain this to me?) and then he gets on his bike and we ride circles in the driveway. Great fun.

His favorite phrase right now - "I did it daddy!"

And what I hope will become the newest outdoor obsession, because it's adorable:

2 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

awww, the cube and pool are a couple of Shaela's favorite toys also. they have a water table at daycare and she tries to climb in:) those toys and babies, always babies. Rocking them, tucking them in , feeling them, she is all GIRL LOL.

10:01 AM 
Blogger melissa said...

My little brother had a road rug when he was a toddler. He LOVED that thing. Anything involving cars and balls was clearly the most interesting thing he could do. Isn't it funny how little boys and girls each gravitate towards certain things?

4:01 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home