Saturday, May 15, 2010

Is it time to stop counting in months yet?

I celebrated twenty months as a mom on Mother's Day, and my husband asked "When to we stop counting in months?". It never made much difference to me before - a one-year-old was a one-year-old, and a two-year-old was just TWO. But now, I see how much difference there really is from the beginning to the end of that second year and months makes a big difference to me! Will I stop counting in months when he turns two? I think so, but ask me in about 10 months or so...

From Drop Box


I don't feel like there's a lot at this point that I haven't told you. Life is a ball right now. Blue Eyes is communicating great! He counts (usually just "one, two, one, two" but I think he knows all the way up to six or so), he'll do animal sounds when he's in the mood, and I didn't think he knew the names of any shapes until he pointed out 'swuare' (squares) on my coffee cup one morning. We're still working on colors. He probably knows those, and just refuses to talk about them. The great love of life right now is still anything that moves - cars, trucks, trains, airplanes, bikes. Especially trains "choo-choo-twain!". We like to watch Thomas the Train for a few minutes before naptime some days. Assuming this sticks, his little boy room, sometime after he turns two, will be a Train room. I'm excited about that. He learned from his buddy how to use a toy hammer a few weeks ago (he never copied when I did it, it was only when someone his age did it that it clicked) and he likes to 'fix' things with his hammer now. He also loves to play outside, go down slides, and swing! He loooves to ride his bike, a tiny little 4-wheel bike that we rode at grandma's house when we were tiny - it's called a 'wee wheeler'. He rode his bike almost the whole way to the park today.

From Drop Box


He still loves food, though he's a little more picky about things than he used to be. It's not typically anything specific, he just won't eat some things some days. Food is MUCH cooler to eat when he has a fork, or his own little sandwich or wrap so he can eat just like us. Sometimes I forget this, cut a sandwich up into pieces, and then want to kick myself because he wants to eat MY food, not his.

From 20 Months


He also LOVES Avocados and Guacamole. He spotted an avocado on the counter yesterday and asked for it 'cado?' 'peeesse?' and proceeded to eat almost then whole thing (and would have, if I hadn't taken a bite of it). Then we met my mom and dad after they got off work, and after playing in the park for a while I asked him if he wanted pizza or guacamole. He wasted no time in telling me he wanted guacamole (then I asked him about pizza or chips, just to be sure that's what he said - 'chips!'). And... proceeded to eat almost all the guacamole...

From Drop Box


He definitely takes after his mama in that way.

1 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

oh my goodness, i think i just melted with goo inside of me after reading that. i just want to squeeze him and love him. what a good little boy! :) :)

2:51 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home